Monday, February 23, 2009

Walnut Hummingbird Cake of Wonder

In my theme for Oscar viewing food I chose Indian to back my pick, Slumdog Millionaire (yay, it won!). I wanted to make a non-Indian dessert but something keeping with the South Asian palate so I was thinking banana cake. In looking at Chow.com for inspiration I found this recipe which ups the ante on the basic banana cake:http://www.chow.com/recipes/11361. However, as I almost never do anything according to directions/instructions/logic my version is an interpretation of the above, yet it came out spectacularly. I also highly recommend a brown sugar icing on a cake with nuts in it. Tonight Matt & Laura came over and helped me finish it off. In appreciation for saving me from gaining any more weight I gave them my modernist side table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was tasty!