Sunday, February 08, 2009

Coleslaw

I was at White Spot a while back with Mel & Laura, and ordered the veggie burger as I had that starvation type hunger that comes from not eating for 7 hours when one's body is used to calories every 3-4. The short version of this tedious story is that I really liked White Spot's coleslaw - it's got sunflower seeds. Given that winter is not lettuce season, coleslaw fills the raw veggie side dish void.

My version was probably of a healthier ilk: shredded cabbage & carrot, cottage cheese, lemon, horseradish, & dried cranberries as well as sunflower seeds. I'm a sucker for a pretty colour combo.

Which reminds me that I haven't eaten anything in a while...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't hate many types of food.Coleslaw is one of them. I may try the White Spot one though....my password to post this comment is baconese...